At Kingsboro three miles S., Georgia's first narrow gauge railroad (North & South R. R.) chartered in 1870 (Columbus to Rome) ended in 1873.

Cataula (Big Rock) is Creek name. Clowers Methodist Church, (now Cataula United Methodist Church) organized as "Providence" in 1829, was built of logs by Thomas Clowers and others with James Dorough, Jr., pastor. Renamed, it was moved to Cataula.



BACK